You will really enjoy this version of Portabello Mushrooms with Fresh Orange Sauce. It is really
good and makes an excellent entreé accompanied with fresh bread or rolls and a salad. It is very easy as there is not
much preparation. When cleaning mushrooms, rinse over running water and let water flow through the gills. Then take a paper
towel and remove any bruised bits.
- 2 large Portabello Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Juice of 2 medium size oranges
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Rinse and slice mushrooms into 4 pieces each
- Heat oil on medium setting. Saute onions then add spices
- Add mushrooms and mix with spices. Close lid, lower heat & cook for about 6 min.
- This slow cooking will let out juices from the mushroom. Now add half the orange juice and blend.
- Cook another 5 minutes, add the rest of the juice and simmer, turning mushrooms to be well coated
- When mushrooms appear soft they should be cooked, increase the temperature while watching the contents. This will allow the juices to
be absored in the mushroom and reduce the amount of liquid.
- The sauces should be thick and not runny. It should now be ready to serve
Portabello Mushrooms with Orange Sauce
If you have any questions or would like to add a recipe of your own, email me, Nirmala, at
I will be happy to help with inquiries. The site will be regularly updated with tasty recipes, hints and tips.
You will find my contact information at